asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Murtadha Hubail <hubail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging.properties
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2017 07:53:05 GMT
Hi Taewoo,

The new argument to set is -Dlog4j.configurationFile and you need to provide a log4j2 compatible
configuration file. It is more or less similar to logging.properties.
You can check [1] for more details about the configuration. We already have a configuration
file that you can use and modify under asterix-app/src/test/resources/log4j2-test.xml. Changing
the configuration there should reflect the changes
on the tests. One thing to note is that log4j2 log levels are different than java logging.
You can check [2] for the mapping between the old and the new levels.

Cheers,
Murtadha

[1] https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.0/manual/configuration.html
[2] https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.0/log4j-jul/index.html