asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject Do changes for SQLPP still need to be duplicated in AQL?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 19:49:01 GMT
Hi all,
I am looking at a change where corresponding AQL and SQLPP compilations are
working differently. The SQLPP version works as desired. I wanted to create
a runtime test, but right now all runtime tests have to be duplicated for
both AQL and SQLPP, and I can't create an AQL version that works the same
way. This led me to two questions:

1) Do we have a way to write a runtime test that is exclusively SQLPP?
2) Is it okay at this point to improve something only for SQLPP and leave
it unchanged for AQL?

Steven