asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject MultiTransactionJobletEventListenerFactory
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2017 20:43:10 GMT
Hi all,
We currently have MultiTransactionJobletEventListenerFactory, which allows
for one Hyracks job to run multiple Asterix transactions together.

This class is only used by feeds, and feeds are in process of changing to
no longer need this feature. As part of the work in pre-deploying job
specifications to be used by multiple hyracks jobs, I've been working on
removing the transaction id from the job specifications, as we use a new
transaction for each invocation of a deployed job.

There is currently no clear way to remove the transaction id from the job
spec and keep the option for MultiTransactionJobletEventListenerFactory.

The question for the group is, do we see a need to maintain this class that
will no longer be used by any current code? Or, an other words, is there a
strong possibility that in the future we will want multiple transactions to
share a single Hyracks job, meaning that it is worth figuring out how to
maintain this class?

Steven