asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject Get datasets used in Asterix Query
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 17:35:47 GMT
Hi,
For something I'm working on for the BAD project, I'm trying to create an
easy way to tell which datasets are used by an Asterix query, including any
nested queries. As far as I can tell, there is currently no easy way to do
this.

I was wondering whether such a requirement could have a general use in
Asterix, and whether it would be useful to store a list of datasets as part
of the Query object. This would incur overheads at compilation time, but
prevent the need for any complex function to parse through a query and
return its datasets.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Steven