asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Murtadha Hubail <hubail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storage Structure Change
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 00:19:56 GMT
The migration utility is built inside the system as part of nodes startup sequence and is available
in the current master. When a storage version that requires migration is detected on the node
startup, it will be automatically triggered.
As for the backup, taking a copy of each configured storage directory as well as the transaction
logs directory in any format, compressed or uncompressed, should be sufficient. In case of
any failure during the migration, using the old binaries with the backup copy should work.

Cheers,
Murtadha