asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject Strange error trying to run Asterix master
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 21:26:22 GMT
Hi all,
I've been stuck for some time now trying to get master Asterix to debug
correctly for me in Eclipse on my machine. It seems to deal with the class
generation being done by maven, but that's as far as I can see so far. No
one I've talked to has a similar issue, so I was wondering if anyone from
the community at large has had such an issue. It manifests itself when
tying to create the evaluator for a function. The stack trace is attached
below. If anyone has seen such an issue, I would love to get any advice you
may have.

java.lang.VerifyError: Bad return type

Exception Details:

  Location:

org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_EvaluatorFactoryGen.access$0(Lorg/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_EvaluatorFactoryGen;)Lorg/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor;
@4: areturn

  Reason:

    Type
'org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_Gen'
(current frame, stack[0]) is not assignable to
'org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor'
(from method signature)

  Current Frame:

    bci: @4

    flags: { }

    locals: {
'org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_EvaluatorFactoryGen'
}

    stack: {
'org/apache/asterix/runtime/evaluators/functions/records/RecordMergeDescriptor$_Gen'
}

  Bytecode:

    0x0000000: 2ab4 0063 b0

at
org.apache.asterix.runtime.evaluators.functions.records.RecordMergeDescriptor$_Gen.createEvaluatorFactory(
RecordMergeDescriptor.java:86)

at
org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.createScalarFunctionEvaluatorFactory(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:144)

at
org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.createEvaluatorFactory(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:109)

at org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.codegenArguments(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:161)

at
org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.createScalarFunctionEvaluatorFactory(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:134)

at
org.apache.asterix.jobgen.QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.createEvaluatorFactory(
QueryLogicalExpressionJobGen.java:109)

at
org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.algebra.expressions.ExpressionRuntimeProvider.createEvaluatorFactory(
ExpressionRuntimeProvider.java:41)

at
org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.algebra.operators.physical.AssignPOperator.contributeRuntimeOperator(
AssignPOperator.java:84)

at
org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.algebra.operators.logical.AbstractLogicalOperator.contributeRuntimeOperator(
AbstractLogicalOperator.java:166)

at org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.jobgen.impl.PlanCompiler.compileOpRef(
PlanCompiler.java:97)

at org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.jobgen.impl.PlanCompiler.compileOpRef(
PlanCompiler.java:84)

[...]

at org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.core.jobgen.impl.PlanCompiler.compilePlan(
PlanCompiler.java:60)

at
org.apache.hyracks.algebricks.compiler.api.HeuristicCompilerFactoryBuilder$1$1.createJob(
HeuristicCompilerFactoryBuilder.java:107)

at org.apache.asterix.api.common.APIFramework.compileQuery(
APIFramework.java:333)

at
org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.rewriteCompileInsertUpsert(
QueryTranslator.java:1864)

at org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.lambda$0(
QueryTranslator.java:1752)

at
org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.handleInsertUpsertStatement(
QueryTranslator.java:1778)

at org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.compileAndExecute(
QueryTranslator.java:336)

at org.apache.asterix.api.http.server.ApiServlet.post(ApiServlet.java:162)

at org.apache.hyracks.http.server.AbstractServlet.handle(
AbstractServlet.java:78)

at org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler.handle(
HttpRequestHandler.java:70)

at org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler.call(
HttpRequestHandler.java:55)

at org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler.call(
HttpRequestHandler.java:36)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)