asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject inserting into an autogenerated key dataset from a query result
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 17:08:01 GMT
Hi all,
I'm seeing a strange issue when inserting into a dataset with an
autogenerated key the result of a query. I was wondering if anyone has had
success with such a case. I have a simple example below which fails on
master (The full JIRA issue is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ASTERIXDB-2101)

drop dataverse channels if exists;
create dataverse channels;
use channels;
create type result as {
  id:uuid
};
create type subscriptionType as {
  subscriptionId:uuid,
  param0:int
};
create dataset roomRecordsResults(result)
primary key id autogenerated;
create dataset roomRecordsSubscriptions(subscriptionType)
primary key subscriptionId autogenerated;
use channels;
insert into channels.roomRecordsResults (
  select sub.subscriptionId
  from channels.roomRecordsSubscriptions sub
);