asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Zacharias Chasparis <zchas...@ucr.edu>
Subject Problem after updating to 0.9.3
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2017 00:49:43 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a PhD student at UCR advised by Dr Eldawy and I have started working
on AsterixDB.
Since I have updated to the last version, I cannot even run the SQL++
examples from the Asterix website. More specific, when I'm trying to
create datasets/indexes, I'm getting the following errors (copy-paste
from IntelliJ IDE):

Sep 22, 2017 5:28:00 PM
org.apache.asterix.app.active.ActiveNotificationHandler getEventListeners
INFO: getEventListeners() was called
Sep 22, 2017 5:28:00 PM
org.apache.asterix.app.active.ActiveNotificationHandler getEventListeners
INFO: returning 0 Listeners
Sep 22, 2017 5:28:00 PM org.apache.hyracks.http.server.AbstractServlet
handle
WARNING: Unhandled throwable
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
     at
org.apache.asterix.runtime.functions.FunctionManagerHolder.createFunctionManager(FunctionManagerHolder.java:33)
     at
org.apache.asterix.runtime.functions.FunctionManagerHolder.<clinit>(FunctionManagerHolder.java:25)
     at
org.apache.asterix.runtime.formats.NonTaggedDataFormat.getFieldAccessEvaluatorFactory(NonTaggedDataFormat.java:176)
     at
org.apache.asterix.metadata.utils.SecondaryBTreeOperationsHelper.setSecondaryRecDescAndComparators(SecondaryBTreeOperationsHelper.java:216)
     at
org.apache.asterix.metadata.utils.SecondaryIndexOperationsHelper.init(SecondaryIndexOperationsHelper.java:197)
     at
org.apache.asterix.metadata.utils.SecondaryIndexOperationsHelper.createIndexOperationsHelper(SecondaryIndexOperationsHelper.java:163)
     at
org.apache.asterix.metadata.utils.IndexUtil.buildSecondaryIndexCreationJobSpec(IndexUtil.java:119)
     at
org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.doCreateIndex(QueryTranslator.java:951)
     at
org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.handleCreateIndexStatement(QueryTranslator.java:854)
     at
org.apache.asterix.app.translator.QueryTranslator.compileAndExecute(QueryTranslator.java:297)
     at
org.apache.asterix.api.http.server.ApiServlet.post(ApiServlet.java:162)
     at
org.apache.hyracks.http.server.AbstractServlet.handle(AbstractServlet.java:78)
     at
org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler.handle(HttpRequestHandler.java:70)
     at
org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler.call(HttpRequestHandler.java:55)
     at
org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler.call(HttpRequestHandler.java:36)
     at
     at
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.asterix.runtime.evaluators.functions.records.FieldAccessByIndexDescriptor$_Gen
     at
org.apache.asterix.runtime.functions.FunctionCollection.getGeneratedFunctionDescriptorFactory(FunctionCollection.java:740)
     at
org.apache.asterix.runtime.functions.FunctionCollection.<clinit>(FunctionCollection.java:715)
     ... 19 more
org.apache.asterix.runtime.evaluators.functions.records.FieldAccessByIndexDescriptor$_Gen
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:335)
     at
org.apache.asterix.runtime.functions.FunctionCollection.getGeneratedFunctionDescriptorFactory(FunctionCollection.java:736)
     ... 20 more

Sep 22, 2017 5:28:00 PM
org.apache.hyracks.http.server.HttpRequestHandler call
SEVERE: Failure handling HTTP Request
[...]

Cleaned and rebuilt several times with no result. Any ideas why I'm
getting these errors?
(I'm sorry for the long email and if the answer is obvious, but it's not
a while since I had started working with AsterixDB)

Thank you in advance,
Zacharias Chasparis

--
Zacharias (Harry) Chasparis