asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Riyafa Abdul Hameed <riyafa...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re: License issue when using esri geometry api
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 14:21:03 GMT
Dear all,

Is there a way to ship a jar file as a dependency for AsterixDB apart from
the method I have used here[1]. This is because the build of asterix-app
seems to fail[2] when I use the external jar file like this.
Though I am unable to find a connection between the failure and the
dependency it seems I need to assume that it is the cause, because
otherwise if I use the Maven-released version the build passes without
issue.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
[1]
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/1895/3/asterixdb/asterix-om/pom.xml
[2] https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/1895

On 22 July 2017 at 01:59, Ahmed Eldawy <eldawy@cs.ucr.edu> wrote:

> Although Esri resolved the issue, their Maven-released version still relies
> on the incompatible library. We can wait until they release a new version
> on Maven but this might take a while. To be able to merge the current code,
> we might need to compile our own JAR file and ship it with the source code.
> Do you know if this is possible/allowed/recommended in AsterixDB? Is there
> another preferred way to handle this issue? Keep in mind that, most likely,
> the summer project will conclude before Esri releases the new version.
>
> Thanks
> Ahmed
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Mike Carey <dtabass@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > NICE!!!
> >

> > On 7/11/17 9:39 AM, Ahmed Eldawy wrote:
> >
> >> There's a good news. Riyafa has opened an issue on ESRI Geometry API
> >> project on Github about the license problem and they made the necessary
> >> changes to remove the bad dependency.
> >> https://github.com/Esri/geometry-api-java/issues/135
> >> The changes are on their github repository but they are not released
> yet.
> >> think we can just continue what we're doing and wait for the new release
> >> hit Maven repository.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Ahmed
> >>
> >> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Mike Carey <dtabass@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> It sounds like the best option is 4 minus parsing, then, if we can do
> killer
> as a

> library
> parser.