asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Riyafa Abdul Hameed <riy...@apache.org>
Subject Status update for GSoC 2017 on GeoAsterixDB [ASTERIXDB-1371]
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2017 02:56:16 GMT
Dear all,

After familiarizing myself with AQL and SQLPP I have defined a new datatype
which is 'geometry' and have implemented the parse_geojson() which would
take as input a record (object) and return a 'geometry'. I have also
implemented a printer for the 'geometry' datatype.
Further I have implemented a function st_area() that would take as input a
'geometry' and return the area of the given geometry.
I have been using the Esri geometry api[1] for implementing these so far.
Because of the limitations of this api, following Geometry types in GeoJSON
are currently supported:

   - Point
   - MultiPoint
   - Polygon
   - MultiPolygon
   - LineString
   - MultiLineString
   - GeometryCollection (printer support is currently not available)

The changes have been submitted to gerrit[2]

[1] https://github.com/Esri/geometry-api-java
[2] https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/1838

Thank you.
Yours sincerely,