asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Riyafa Abdul Hameed <riy...@apache.org>
Subject Writing tests for supporting geometry datatype
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 16:56:17 GMT
Hi all,

I plan to implement the Geometry datatype in TDD manner. Here first I would
like to write a test case to check the following query:

drop dataverse GeoJSON if exists;
> create dataverse GeoJSON;
>
> use GeoJSON;
>
> create type GeometryType as
> open {
> id : bigint
> geometry : geometry
> }
>
> create dataset Geometries(GeometryType) primary key id;

Initially this test should fail and the code I write should cause it to
pass. I am confused about the way to write these tests. What I tried to do
was to write ddl, query and update tests for these in the runtimets/
*queries_sqlpp*[1]. Then I tried to run mvn test, but as I gathered from
the pom.xml[2] file, these tests are excluded from running.
Please kindly inform me how such tests need to written and if they can be
run using mvn test.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/asterixdb/tree/master/asterixdb/asterix-app/src/test/resources/runtimets/queries_sqlpp
[2]