asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Modules that could be removed?
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 05:39:53 GMT
Hmm, I thought that the BAD model wasn’t working too badly … little
do I
know.

On the other hand it seems that the module isn’t actually used - at
least it
seems that there were no changes in the module related to experiments
since
we merged repositories. Is that right? Or has somebody worked on that
module
recently?

Cheers,
Till

On 31 May 2017, at 22:20, Steven Jacobs wrote:

> My two cents on this is that the BAD model doesn't work well, so I'd
> personally be against following it. I would vote to keep it inside as
> well.
> Steven
>
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 10:02 PM abdullah alamoudi
> <bamousaa@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If that is the case (which makes sense), then keeping it inside and
>> cleaning it up might be the better approach.
>>

>>> On May 31, 2017, at 8:45 PM, Ildar Absalyamov <
>> ildar.absalyamov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The real challenge is that separate repo should not the treated as
>> /dev/null for old code.
>>> I believe that committing changes, that causes this repo to be
>>> broken
>> *must* be treated as -1 Jenkins bit.

>> asterix-experiments

>> approach?

>> seems
>> super

>> current

>> pre-compiled

>> asterix-experiments/src/main/java/org/apache/asterix/experiment/builder
>>>>>>>>
>> asterix-experiments/src/main/java/org/apache/asterix/experiment/report

>> repo,

>> 'asterix-tools'

useful for
>> everyone,