asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Modules that could be removed?
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 23:22:30 GMT
I read this discussion that Ildar’s suggestion to move
asterix-experiments
to a different repo would be a solution that works for everybody.

Did I read that correctly or did someone disagree with such an approach?

Cheers,
Till

On 31 May 2017, at 16:14, Mike Carey wrote:

> This should be decided by more knowlegeable folks than me - it just
> seems "weird" to me that that's in the main code base and not outside
> (as a super useful client package).
>

> On 5/31/17 4:12 PM, Chris Hillery wrote:
>> If we move asterix-experiments out, we would need to change the
>> current
>> Perf job at Couchbase. However I think the change would actually make
>> that
>> job less complicated, at least if that allowed one to use a
>> pre-compiled
>> Asterix distribution for experiments rather than requiring the full
>> source
>> code to be available.
>>
>> Ceej
>> aka Chris Hillery
>>
>> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Yingyi Bu <buyingyi@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The code in asterix-experiments is not well organized, e.g.:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/asterixdb/tree/master/asterixdb/
>>> asterix-experiments/src/main/java/org/apache/asterix/experiment/builder