asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wail Alkowaileet <wael....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASTERIXDB-1371: Geo data type format question
Date Sun, 14 May 2017 17:51:14 GMT
Previously, AsterixDB used to have such functions [1] prefixed with
"create-*()". The functions are still in the master [2] .. but not
documented.
For the current spatial constructors, I think they're inspired by WKT. I
cannot be helpful on explaining the reason why... sorry!

[1]
https://github.com/apache/asterixdb/blob/release-0.8.7/asterix-doc/src/site/markdown/aql/functions.md
[2]
https://github.com/apache/asterixdb/blob/master/asterixdb/asterix-om/src/main/java/org/apache/asterix/om/functions/BuiltinFunctions.java