asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject Feed Capabilities
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 20:29:42 GMT
Hi all,
I Just wanted to leave a comment continuing the feed speed capabilities
discussions that we've had recently. Using Abdullah's change to allow an
upsert feed with no secondary index to skip the duplicate key check, I saw
a huge increase in speed capabilities. In the first hour of the experiment,
I jumped from inserting 17 million records without the change to 143
million records with the change (that's around 40 thousand records per
second). I haven't done more than hour-long experiments, but I recommend
others with speed problems to try using this change as well (it's in master
already).
Steven