asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Eldawy <eld...@cs.ucr.edu>
Subject Re: ASTERIXDB-1371: Support the standard GIS objects
Date Sat, 13 May 2017 21:26:36 GMT
The notice of the two formats is important. The GeoJSON (or WKT) format is
only for importing text files. AsterixDB should have an internal
representation for geometries. The only standard I know in this matter is
Well-known Binary (WKB) which is also supported by Esri API and JTS.
@Wail: AsterixDB is not supposed to automatically detect that a field is
GeoJSON. The user should provide this information while importing a file,
probably, by defining the schema with a Geometry field.

Thanks
Ahmed