asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASTERIXDB-1371: Support the standard GIS objects
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 20:15:29 GMT
Just to chime in briefly on the "format" thread - there are two formats
to keep in mind - the input format (serialized format, e.g., how JSON
relates to the spatial types) and the internal format (which in
AsterixDB is a different, more efficient, binary format).  We can look
at both in the project. Also important are the OPERATIONS that go with
the format (i.e., the functions that we'll have in the query language
for operating on, writing predicates about, etc., the spatial data).

Cheers,

Mike