asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Maxon <ima...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache AsterixDB 0.9.1 and Hyracks 0.3.1 (RC1)
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 02:39:58 GMT
The integration test failures, at least for the 1st part, are just
flakiness, and not related to the change. The merge conflict is also
not as it seems (or at least this is my conjecture). The 1st change
here advances the version, and the 2nd puts it to the next snapshot;
the second is based on the first. Therefore the second can't be merged
without merging the first one. I think the Gerrit UI calls this a
merge conflict for whatever reason, in previous versions it would only
complain about such things on submit if they were an issue.

I have updated the two changes to be on a branch as well as fixing a
minor bug with the Hyracks/Algebricks version in the POM of the
snapshot advance change. This way if one is to check out these commits
via the tag they will always be the same even after we merge them.

These are the updated changes:
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/1663/
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/1662/

Also, just as a pointer, here is the guide to verifying releases, many
thanks to Taewoo for reminding me of its existence:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASTERIXDB/Release+Verification

- Ian