asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Yingyi Bu <buyin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add the Java driver for Asterix
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 22:15:59 GMT
Hi dev,

    Maybe we should call it a "JDBC-like" driver rather than a "JDBC"
driver, because SQL++ is different from the standard SQL in the following
aspects [1].  The JDBC-like client can wrap the current query service REST
API and provide some abstractions similar to those in JDBC, e.g., result
set, tuple, etc.

Best,
Yingyi

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/asterixdb/sqlpp/manual.html#Vs_SQL-92