asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Blow <mblow.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Jenkins Verified+1 job split
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 00:10:20 GMT
Greetings dev,

In recent weeks, newly added tests have caused the time for a Verified+1
vote to creep up to a (painfully) long 60-70 minutes.  I've rolled out a
change today that extracts out some of the testing into a new job
<https://asterix-jenkins.ics.uci.edu/job/asterix-gerrit-asterix-app/>,
which aggregates along with the existing job
<https://asterix-jenkins.ics.uci.edu/job/asterix-gerrit-notopic/> into a
single Verified vote.  This has reduced the wall-clock time to ~40 minutes.

Each job posts a comment when starting, with a single aggregate comment
being posted upon completion of both jobs, with the vote conclusion and
links to both jobs; see example below.

As things stand currently, asterix-app tests run in a new job (
asterix-gerrit-asterix-app
<https://asterix-jenkins.ics.uci.edu/job/asterix-gerrit-asterix-app/>),
with the balance remaining in the asterix-gerrit-notopic
<https://asterix-jenkins.ics.uci.edu/job/asterix-gerrit-notopic/> job.  I
would like to split this once again, hopefully bringing the wall-clock time
down to ~ 30 minutes for a vote, but we'll need to hold off on that until
we increase our Jenkins slave capacity.

Thanks- and please let me know if you encounter any issues!

-MDB

e.g. https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/1580/

Michael Blow
Uploaded patch set 1.