asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Cameron Samak <csa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: attend the Gsoc2017 apache project
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 15:48:31 GMT
The general idea for the project at [1] is to create a client driver for
AsterixDB that makes it easier to integrate with projects and/or tooling.

As you can see in some follow-up discussions on this list (linked below),
the specific interface the client will implement is still open-ended. JDBC
itself would be great to have as it could allow integration with a wide
variety of tooling. Spring Data (or something similar) would also be quite
helpful since it makes it much easier for a Java developer to integrate
with AsterixDB.

Some related discussions on this list:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c6951529e20a3bb32d122abd789c75c7301b00f434894b6d71710c88@<dev.asterixdb.apache.org>
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/41224f967cc3042d74f1c8aac83fe4413ecf6df2d86a60e65461304d@<dev.asterixdb.apache.org>