asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Riyafa Abdul Hameed <riyafa...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject GSoC 2017 -- Support the standard GIS objects
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 15:23:17 GMT
Hi,
I am a final year Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate at
University of Moratuwa.​ I am familiar with JSON and I have contributed to
Apache VXQuery during last year's GSoC where I was involved with the issue
VXQUERY-178 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VXQUERY-178> to support
JSONiq for VXQuery.
​ I would like to work with Apache AsterixDB for this year's GSoC on the
issue "Support the standard GIS objects".
I have currently set up AsterixDB as in [1] and am attempting to
familiarize with the code base and am looking into GeoJSON format. Please
kindly help me get started with the task and to prepare a good proposal by
directing me to beginner issues that I can try fixing or things I should be
learning to understand the project better.

Thank you.
Riyafa

[1] https://asterixdb.apache.org/dev-setup.html
--