asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Yingyi Bu <buyin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 05:21:01 GMT
IMO, each of them could be a two-three month project.

The project itself could be conceptually simple and has a relatively small
scope, but we probably should lift the exit bar.
Here are my thoughts for the exit criteria:
1.  the feature reliably works for all edge cases;
2.  the implementation does not hack things, which can result in
general-purpose refactoring of other modules;
3.  there are regression unit tests and integration tests along with the
code;
4.  the code is carefully reviewed by 1-2 committers.

Getting sth. done as a proof-of-concept and then disappearing doesn't seem
a very effective approach..:-)

Best,
Yingyi