asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wail Alkowaileet <wael....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choosing defaults for AsterixDB
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2017 17:38:19 GMT
According to my *biased* sample, I noticed people with Computer Science
background prefer SQL++ more than AQL. Simply because they're trained to
write SQL queries.

However, when I show AsterixDB to Computational Physics/Engineering/Data
Science folks whom they are used to Matlab and Python, they seems to like
AQL more. They say "it looks like writing a Python code". I think it
depends on how people are trained to do stuff.

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet