asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 18:08:43 GMT
The first step for getting a project visible to potential students is to
create a JIRA issue detailing the project with the label: GSOC2017
This is how many of the students become aware. Those of you with these
ideas, can you create issues? Here is an example that was discovered and
proposed by a student last year. Basically the two things needed are:
A) The label GSOC2017
B) An Itemized project description
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VXQUERY-188

Steven

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Vignesh Raghunathan <
vignesh.raghunathan90@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was going to work on a command line tool for running queries a few
> months back but I couldn’t start with the project. If that would a viable
> project for GSOC, I’ll be glad to get the basic tool working and we could
> discuss about features for the command-line tool as GSOC projects.
>
> Thanks,
> Vignesh
> > On Feb 1, 2017, at 7:58 AM, Sattam Alsubaiee <salsubaiee@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I might be obsolete :-), but one thing that I think worth looking at is
> > exploring and implementing other effecient merge policies for LSM
> > The good thing is that it is a self-contained problem and can be done
> > easily in 2-3 months.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Sattam

> >> (Our Http Server comes to mind).
> >>
> >> My $0.02:  writing white box unit tests (e.g., MockIto-based stuff) are
> >> devs' own responsibility..
> >>
> >> But I guess that there could be two projects along the line:
> >> 1. re-organize our current runtime tests,  e.g., avoiding unnecessary
> >> DDL/DMLs.
> >> 2. cleanup sporadic failures in integration tests, particularly, managix
> >> start/stop etc.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Yingyi

> >> our