asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jianfeng Jia <jianfeng....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choosing defaults for AsterixDB
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2017 02:34:45 GMT
@Yingyi, I’m not saying learning SQL++ is difficult.
Currently, we have a class called AQLGenerator that can translate the Cloudberry request syntax
to AQL.  It took us several weeks finishing it.
I guess it will take similar time to write a SQLPPGenerator to achieve the same goal.

As long as the RESTFul API can accept AQL, we don’t need to spend time to implement a new
generator.