asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ildar Absalyamov <ildar.absalya...@gmail.com>
Subject Force LSM component flush & NC-CC messaging ACK
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 03:02:58 GMT
Hi devs,

Since I was out for quite a while and a lot of things happened in a meantime in a codebase
I wanted to clarify couple of things.

I was wondering if there is any legitimate way to force the data of in-memory components to
be flushed, other then stop the whole instance?
It used to be that choosing a different default dataverse with “use” statement did that
trick, but that is not the case anymore.

Another question is regarding CC<->NC & NC<->NC messaging. Does the sender
get some kind of ACK that the message was received by the addressee? Say if I send a message
just before the instance shutdown will the shutdown hook wait until the message is delivered
and processed?

Best regards,
Ildar