asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing to and Reading from Metadata Pages
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 23:14:23 GMT
Glorious dev,

Recently, we changed the way we write to and read from Metadata pages.
Previously, we had specific methods to write fixed sized specific information to metadata
pages. For example:

public void setLSN(long lsn);
public long getLSN();
public void setLSMComponentFilterPageId(int filterPage);
public int getLSMComponentFilterPageId();

And we used a separate metadata page to write Filter tuples. This worked to get us started
but it is not good enough on the long run since we will need to add methods/pages for each
different types of data we want to write to the metadata pages. we felt it is time we improve
it and we changed
the interface to use:

/**
* set the value with the key = key
* @param key
* @param value
* @throws HyracksDataException
*/
void put(IValueReference key, IValueReference value) throws HyracksDataException;

/**
* get the value with the key = key
* @param key
* @param value
*/
void get(IValueReference key, IPointable value);

Please, make use of the new way going forward.
Thanks,
Abdullah.