asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Carey <dtab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AsterixDB] execution time metric in the HTTP API
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 16:02:02 GMT
Agreed on this.  Also, my recollection is that there were/are three
combos of results and synchrony that we support - sync execution with
results returned, sync execution with just a handle returned, and async
execution with a handle returned.  The handle can then be used to ask
for the results in any case, when they are ready, and to ask "is it done
yet" in the last of the three cases.  For this use case, getting stats
back, one would want case two (sync with handle) - right?  The idea
would be to not hear back until the work was done, but to not measure
that final overhead of returning and swallowing the results themselves.