asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Jacobs <sjaco...@ucr.edu>
Subject BAD flag on code reviews
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:32:44 GMT
Hi all,
Those of you with reviews going on may have noticed that there is a new
column on gerrit, called bad. This flag is because we now have an apache
codebase for the BAD extension (You can see it here if you are interested:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/asterixdb-bad.git) which enables
channels and soon stored procedures.

The BAD extension is dependent on the core of Asterix itself. The new flag
is to check whether new changes to Asterix will break the BAD extension. In
general most changes should be getting a +1 here. The main thing we are
trying to avoid is a change to Asterix intended as an enhancement or
cleanup that inadvertently removes functionality needed for Asterix
extensions.

"What should I do if I see a -1?"

If you do happen to get a -1 from BAD, the easy thing to do is to add me
(or another extension expert such as Till or Abdullah) to the code review.
That way I can look at the affecting part of the change and see how to
handle it.

Thanks,
Steven