asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From abdullah alamoudi <bamou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anybody seen this error? HyracksDataException: The file with absolute path: XXX is outside all io devices
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 18:44:50 GMT
Hi Taewoo,
So recently we did a refactoring change to FileSplit and FileReference classes. Part of the
change was that an index that is managed by asterixdb can only be inside an IO device. Looking
at the error trace, seems like a new incorrect use of the FileSplit where
a FileSplit is defined as an absolute file split and the path points to a place outside all
IO devices, hence the IO manager throws an exception.

Looking at the file path, it seems like it is inside an IO device but could be in the wrong
node?

Ultimately, we should not use full paths and instead use a relative path: instead of ../asterix-server/target/tmp/asterix_nc1/iodevice1/storage/partition_0/test/MyData_idx_fulltext_index_title/2016-12-19-22-32-36-543_2016-12-19-22-32-36-543_i,
we should use partition_0/test/MyData_idx_fulltext_index_title/2016-12-19-22-32-36-543_2016-12-19-22-32-36-543_i
and we can select the IO device number or leave it to the IOManager to select one of the IO
devices.

Q. Was this triggered on master???