asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AsterixDB] execution time metric in the HTTP API
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 19:45:15 GMT
Hi,

an alternative to using the client that Pouria suggested would be to add
"mode=asynchronous-deferred" as an HTTP parameter when talking to the
API. In
that case the query should be evaluated completely and an HTTP response
should
come back - however without the result. Instead the response should
contain a
handle where you could pick up the query result (which you could choose
not to
do).
I'm using "should" a lot, as I haven't used this feature for a while,
and so my
recollection of what it does might be buggy or outdated.

Cheers,
Till