asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Couchbase Analytics
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 05:34:56 GMT
Hi,

In early November Couchbase released a developer preview of an extension
the Couchbase data platform [1]. This extension adds the capability to
evaluate SQL++ queries on data stored in Couchbase server using a
parallel
query processor.

I thought that it would be interesting for the community to know that
this
extension is based on Apache AsterixDB code. It uses the core parts of
the
system (like the query processor and the storage) and it adds features
that
are relevant when running in the Couchbase context and it leaves a few
features out.
So Couchbase Analytics is not Apache AsterixDB and Apache AsterixDB in
not
Couchbase Analytics, but they do share a large common core.
I think that it is a great testament to the modularity, extensibility,
and
configurability of Hyracks, Algebricks, and AsterixDB that it is
possible to
do this. And it also is a reason for the AsterixDB community to be proud
of
the system that we've built so far and that we are continuing to build.

If you would like to know more, you can find the developer preview in
the
"Extensions" tab of download page at Couchbase [2] or you can look at
its
documentation [3].

Cheers,
Till