asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Murtadha Hubail <mhub...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Improving reviews
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 15:31:04 GMT
I’m for any type of improvement of the current code review process. Currently, I have only
few hours a week to contribute to the project and almost every week I start working on a new
change. As the number of touched classes on the change increases, I just decide to abandon
it and start looking for another change that might be smaller. I do this because I know the
bigger change will be stuck in the code review queue and when that happens I feel discouraged
from contributing and my contribution doesn’t add a value to the system.

Even though the proposed idea might not solve all the issues in the current code review process,
I believe it is definitely going to improve it (and encourage more contributions).

Cheers,
Murtadha