asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Wail Alkowaileet <wael....@gmail.com>
Subject Orderedlist vs. unorderedlist as default open type
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 11:11:43 GMT
Dears,

Currently, unordered list is the default type of JSON array if it resides
in the open part.
That means the user won't be able to access any item of the list using
index. Which is unexpected. At least for my colleagues who use AsterixDB. I
think only JSON types should appear in the open part.

Also, I believe there's inconsistency. When we do *group by .. with ..*
the result of "with" clause is ordered list.

Any thoughts ?

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet