asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Taewoo Kim <wangs...@gmail.com>
Subject Line limit (120) is not enforced for an assignment statement.
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 20:29:42 GMT
There is a formatter issue regarding an assignment statement whose length
is over 120. An example is as follows:
    private final IBinaryComparator strLowerCaseTokenCmp =
AqlBinaryComparatorFactoryProvider.UTF8STRING_LOWERCASE_TOKEN_POINTABLE_INSTANCE.createBinaryComparator();

Currently, the formatter doesn't wrap this line into two lines because "No
Wrap" policy is applied. So, I would like to propose the following change.
After applying this change, we can keep the hard limit (120) well.

AsterixCodeFormatProfile.xml

Line Wrapping -> Expressions -> Assignments

(Before) Line Wrapping Policy: Do not Wrap
(After) Wrap where necessary

@Yingyi: I wonder whether your proposed change (do not remove blank lines
in the comment section) is already applied to the format file. Please let
me know. Then, I will download the file from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/61322291/AsterixCodeFormatProfile.xml
and apply my change and upload the file.