asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Yingyi Bu <buyin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Function name change: contains() -> string-contains()
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 21:27:54 GMT
Hi Taewoo,

    Are those fulltext search syntax extensions are only a syntactic sugar
(i.e., surface) thing that is translated into functions?
    In a not-too-distant-future, we will need to surface fulltext search in
SQL++, probably using the same functions like Oracle. If the AQL fulltext
syntax is translated into fulltext functions by the language translator, we
can easily support them in SQL++.

Best,
Yingyi