asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Taewoo Kim <wangs...@gmail.com>
Subject Do we allow optional parameter in a function?
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 03:28:44 GMT
Hi all,

Here is my question. Can a function have an optional parameter? For
example, if a function F requires three parameters  - a, b, c, can we omit
the last one? F(a,b,c) VS F(a,b). I tried and Asterix says that F(a,b) is
not defined. If someone knows the workaround, it would be really nice.

Actual scenario: Full-text search function name is ftcontains() and it has
three parameters - expresssion1, expression2, options as a record. An
example is ftcontains($o.title, "database", {"mode":"and"}). I would like
to give user the option to not put the third parameter. In that case, each
option can be set using default values.

Best,
Taewoo