asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Taewoo Kim <wangs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Function name change: contains() -> string-contains()
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 21:20:04 GMT
I just talked to Mike to resolve 'text' and he suggested an idea to check
what other systems do. Fortunately, we have collected the information some
time ago. You can check the following sheet to see how other systems do.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j6_YSCc_8gEReAWFP84geI30wlnsz7uMFq4TCm7GRz8/edit?usp=sharing

MySQL: match(), against()
Oracle: contains(), catsearch(), matches()
MongoDB: $text
AsterixDB: follows XQuery spec(e.g., $o.title *contains text* "hello")

Best,
Taewoo