asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jianfeng Jia <jianfeng....@gmail.com>
Subject How to set the lsm component size?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 18:33:26 GMT
Dear devs,

I’m using the `no-merge` compaction policy and find that the physical flushed on-disk component
is smaller than I was expected.

Here are my related configurations

  <property>

    <name>storage.memorycomponent.pagesize</name>
    <value>128KB</value>
    <description>The page size in bytes for pages allocated to memory
      components. (Default = "131072" // 128KB)
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>storage.memorycomponent.numpages</name>
    <value>1024</value>
    <description>The number of pages to allocate for a memory component.
      (Default = 256)
    </description>
  </property>

With these two settings, I’m expecting the lsm component should be 128M. However, the flushed
one is about 16M~ 20M. Do we have some compression for the on-disk components? If so, it will
be good. Otherwise, could someone help me to increase the component size? Thanks!

Best,

Jianfeng Jia
PhD Candidate of Computer Science
University of California, Irvine