asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Yingyi Bu <buyin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modified/Custom plan: Push-down SELECT for external source.
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 22:58:29 GMT
Currently you can push Project into the source but not Select.
You're welcome to enhance IMetedataProvider to support that.  You can take
a look at DataSourceScanPOperator:

Pair<IOperatorDescriptor, AlgebricksPartitionConstraint> p =
mp.getScannerRuntime(dataSource, vars,
        projectVars, scan.isProjectPushed(), scan.getMinFilterVars(),
scan.getMaxFilterVars(), opSchema,
        typeEnv, context, builder.getJobSpec(), implConfig);

Best,

Yingyi