asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ildar Absalyamov <ildar.absalya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trio: AsterixDB, Spark and Zeppelin.
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 07:01:18 GMT
Hi Wail,

I have tried to execute the example from demo notebook in zeppelin but it seems it cannot
see asterix-spark-connector:
<console>:34: error: object asterix is not a member of package org.apache
       import org.apache.asterix.connector._
How to make zeppelin aware of the connector? I have downloaded and built it with "sbt package
&& sbt assembly && sbt publish". Is there any other configuration on zeppelin
side that I should do?

> On Jul 18, 2016, at 05:26, Wail Alkowaileet <wael.y.k@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry. Here's the link for the connecot:
> https://github.com/Nullification/asterixdb-spark-connector <https://github.com/Nullification/asterixdb-spark-connector>
>
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Wail Alkowaileet <wael.y.k@gmail.com <mailto:wael.y.k@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>> Dears,
>>
>> Finally I finished cleaning and documenting the AsterixDB-Spark connector
>> and finalize Zeppelin <http://zeppelin.apache.org <http://zeppelin.apache.org/>>
interpreter for AQL
>> and SQL++.
>>
>> AsterixDB-Spark Connector:
>>
>>   - Supports both AQL and SQL++ queries.
>>   - Much cleaner code now.
>>   - Please if you have ANY problem with it, create an issue in the
>>   project repo.
>>   - I'm working on a tutorial-video from the build to use it in Zeppelin.
>>   - I recommend you to use Zeppelin. (you can import the connector
>>   example notebook
>>   <https://github.com/Nullification/asterixdb-spark-connector/tree/master/zeppelin-notebook/asterixdb-spark-example
<https://github.com/Nullification/asterixdb-spark-connector/tree/master/zeppelin-notebook/asterixdb-spark-example>>
>>   )
>>
>> Source Code: https://github.com/Nullification/astreixdb-spark-connector
>>
>> Apache Zeppelin with AsterixDB interpreter:
>>
>>   - Supports JSON-flattening (which will allow zeppelin to visualize
>>   results).
>>   - See attached screenshots.
>>   - Will try to initiate pull request to merge it to Zeppelin master.
>>
>> Source Code: https://github.com/Nullification/zeppelin
>>
>> Finally, I just submitted Schema Inferencer. I have work on some Sonar
>> comments and it should be ready soon.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Regards,*