asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Xikui Wang <xik...@uci.edu>
Subject SBT + AsterixDB local maven repo
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 23:09:55 GMT
Hi devs,

I am working on a external function and encountered a dependency management
problem. This external function is a part of another project which uses SBT
(Simple Building Tool) to manage dependency.

Intuitively, I added localMavenRepo in resolver and asterix-external-data
as one dependency through SBT. One weird problem that I met is, all
packages are added in the external library of this Scala project except for
'hyracks.api'. I tried to add this package explicitly in the dependency
specification. However this won't work either. Interestingly, after I add
hyracks.api in the dependency list, there is no error for this dependency.

Also, I checked the .ivy2 directory, and the 'hyracks.api' file structure
seems normal. This dependency missing causes an exception in assembly due
to the missing of HyracksDataException at functionhelper.setResult.

I am wondering if anyone has used external library with scala and sbt
before. I am trying to figure out this is a common problem or just mine.
Thanks! :)

Best,
Xikui