asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Working with Hadoop
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 02:14:42 GMT
Hi everybody,

recently the topic of Hadoop support came up and I realized that my
understanding is quite spotty so I’m trying to understand where we
are.

AFAIK we support
1) HDFS for (potentially indexed) external datasets,
2) YARN as a resource manager, and
3) HDFS as a basis for internal storage.
Is this list complete or do we have other Hadoop touchpoints?

I believe that 1) and 2) should be reasonable stable and that 3) is
still in
the works. Is that correct?

Further I'm wondering
a) which versions of Hadoop we support and
b) which ones we should support for all the cases.
Please chime in on this as well.

Any other things that anybody working with AsterixDB and Hadoop should
be aware
of?

Thanks!
Till