asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Till Westmann" <ti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] Apache AsterixDB July 2016
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 22:38:50 GMT
Very confusing - I thought that I had fixed that typo before …
here’s fixed version.

Thanks!
Till

—

Apache AsterixDB is a scalable big data management system (BDMS) that
provides storage, management, and query capabilities for large
collections
of semi-structured data.

Activity:

- The general state of the project (and the report) are largely
unchanged
   from last month. Development and discussions are active, the
community is
   healthy and engaged.
- The move of infra resources is done - some incubator cleanup is still
   outstanding.
- First mention of Hyracks now is "Apache Hyracks" and information about
   Hyracks is now easier to reach by following the link to the ASTERIX
   publications at UC Irvine (which contain the ICDE 2011 paper on
Hyracks).
- Kaveen Rodrigo's GSoC project has passed the mid-term evaluation and
is
   progressing further.

Issues:

- There are no issues that require the board's attention at this time.

PMC/Committership changes:

There have been no changes since graduation. The last committer/PPMC
member
added was Michael Blow on 2016-03-28.

Releases:

AsterixDB graduated from the Incubator on April 20, 2016. The last
releases
were on February 26, 2016: AsterixDB 0.8.8-incubating and Hyracks
0.2.17-incubating.