asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Xikui Wang <xik...@uci.edu>
Subject User Define Function (UDF) in AsterixDB
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 20:40:22 GMT
Hi Devs,

I want to use UDF to process the Tweets that I got from the feed, and I met
following two questions. Hope you guys can help me or point me to the right
documentation.

1. How to install UDF on instance running from
Eclipse+AsterixHyracksIntegrationUtil?

Website only mentioned how to install with Managix. I am wondering if there
is a way for me to install it on instance running in Eclipse, which is
easier for debugging.

2. Implementation of UDF

I found several UDFs in
asterixdb/asterix-external-data/src/test/java/org/apache/asterix/external/library,
like SumFunction, ParseTweetFunction. I assume if I want to implement new
UDF, it needs to implement IExternalScalarFunction interface and to be put
under the same directory? I also found 'aggregate' and 'unnest' type which
is not implemented yet. Just out of curiosity, what is the difference
between them?

Thanks in advance! :)

Best,
Xikui