asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Xikui Wang <xik...@uci.edu>
Subject External function dependency problem
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 05:26:10 GMT
Hi Devs,

We found a problem when trying to build external functions for the
cloudberry demo.

When the external function is depend on certain library, the library that
comes with the external function will be blocked by same library in
AsterixDB. In our case, our external function 'geoTag' uses jackson v2.7.1,
and we packed all dependencies into one single jar. When running 'geoTag'
on Asterix, it will call jackson v2.0.0 in AsterixDB which causes
NullPointerException. We have to manually change pom.xml in AsterixDB to
fix that.

We are wondering is that because we load the external function in a wrong
way, or this could be one possible interesting problem which is worth
noticing. Thanks.

Best,
Xikui