asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hillery <chill...@hillery.land>
Subject VirtualClusterDriver and friends
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 09:58:31 GMT
Does anyone know if there are users of the hyracks class
VirtualClusterDriver? It is launched by the script hyracks-virtual-cluster
which we ship, but I couldn't find any references on Google to that script.
It basically launches a quickie two-node Hyracks cluster as local processes.

It also uses the classes HyracksCCProcess and HyracksNCProcess, which are
utility classes for managing separate Java processes. I couldn't find any
other users of these classes either.

I'd like to revamp HyracksCCProcess and HyracksNCProcess to use the new
deployment stuff, and retire VirtualClusterDriver and he
hyracks-virtual-cluster script. This also allows eliminating those weird
toCmdLine() methods in CCConfig and NCConfig.

Thoughts?

Ceej
aka Chris Hillery