asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hillery <chill...@hillery.land>
Subject Re: ADM parser question
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 02:59:25 GMT
Yeah, seeing those two lines would be key.

In an insert statement you'll be using the AQL parser, which is not quite
the same as the ADM parser (although arguably it should be as close to a
strict superset as possible).

Ceej

On May 31, 2016 7:53 PM, "Ian Maxon" <imaxon@uci.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about something I am trying to coax the ADM parser into
accepting. I have a file that I dumped from the SDSC testbed that has a
bunch of tweets in it, just using curl and a dataset scan. The issue is
that currently this doesn't work round-trip. However in this case the
modifications don't seem like they should be terribly severe, so I just
tried my hand at using sed to fix it. The two things I think that should
make this hack work are: replacing the i32/i64 suffixes (so just s/i32//g)
and removing decimal suffixes (/s/\([0-9]\.[0-9]\)d/\1/g). This gives
output to me, that seems like it is "correct". But the parser is still
complaining and I don't understand why. It fails at line 619, column 228.
The tweet on that line, and the one above it, work fine if I just use an
insert statement.

> Does anyone have any thoughts as to maybe what's causing it to not take
this input? I'm hoping it's just something silly I am too tired to see...