asterixdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jianfeng Jia <jianfeng....@gmail.com>
Subject Remove the apache.org filter when using YourKit
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 18:05:21 GMT
Dear devs,

Don’t know if any of you hit the same problem as I did. When I use Yourkit to profile the
system, it only showed that one method java.thread.run took 99% usage without further details
, while using jvisualvm could give correct activity hotspot yet it’s very hard to set remotely.

It is because the default filter in Yourkit skip the “org.apache” packages :-)
To change the filter: click “settings” -> “filters” and click out the “org.apache”.
Enjoy profiling apache code then!

Best,

Jianfeng Jia
PhD Candidate of Computer Science